Monday 23 April 2007

Another Brave British Soldier Taken On St Georges Day.





Another brave British soldier Kingsman Alan Joseph Jones is killed on St Georges day He was from 2nd Battalion The Duke of Lancaster's Regiment he was killed in the Al Ashar district of central Basra Read It Here RIP.


`Sacrifice`

Sleep safe in your beds
Il protect you abroad
The colours are flying
I’m ready my Lord
Just give me my gun
And a large shot of rum
Il lay baked white and dry
In the hot Basra Sun.




© Mack (RG) The thoughts of a Falklands War Veteran.

3 comments:

  1. This is so sad, such a selfless sacrifice. I really feel for the family he left behind grieving and missing him for ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to say how heartbroken I am at yet another tragic loss for my son's Battalion.
    My deepest, heartfelt sympathy to the family, friends and colleagues of this brave Soldier.
    God Bless you all and be your strength when you have none.
    Much sorrow and love,
    Julie
    x x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray your son returns home safe an well Julie.

    ReplyDelete

Pointless leaving spam it wont be published.