Thursday 17 January 2008

America Insults The British Military.



(British Soldiers above doing a poor job in Afghanistan)

UK Army chiefs claim US 'trumpets' body count as tensions between allied forces rise
British commanders were outraged after the US defence secretary criticised other Nato troops for their role in the bloody conflict in Afghanistan.
Robert Gates said the 30,000 US troops in Afghanistan were "doing a terrific job" in confronting the Taliban insurgency.
He added, however: "I think our allies over there, this is not something they have any experience with."
Read It Here

(RG) The Americans don’t have as loyal an Allie in the world as the British and all they can do as our young men are dying is insult us. If the US think they can do a better job then get on with it, pull our lads out as they are obviously no good according to the Yanks. You can always just drop an Nuclear weapon on the place, no need for boots on the ground. Robert Gates has just made one of the biggest mistakes of his life running his fat mouth off like that. I am fucking pissed off big time. As they say in the UK “What a wanker”


© Mack (RG) The thoughts of a Falklands War Veteran.
Rogue_gunner_32_alpha@yahoo.co.uk

Boycott BP

9 comments:

  1. He quite obviously has shown his complete ignorance of the British Military and should be sacked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't agree that this was said, especially that it was public, but what good does saying y'all should 'pull out and leave us to it' do? As was said in the article about your men and women over there, that would just hurt the American military men and women who are bleeding and dying.
    We both know that both our countries want the best for each other's military. We've got your back, and you've got ours - it's been proven. Don't let this guy or 50 like him ruin that.

    Kath
    www.intraining.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an American citizen and also a former US Marine. I have the honor of serving with your Royal Marines in Afghanistan. These soldiers are the finest troops I have fought alongside and I include the USMC. They are certainly the best in Europe if not the world.

    Semper Fi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How would I feel if I were the mother of a dead soldier? The last thing I would want is to hear or be a part of any knee-jerk reactions.
    What part of my comment was cloudy to you? I said I didn't agree with him (though I didn't call him a name, I grant you that). I also didn't say that we as Americans were the only ones bleeding - I have a Royal Marine Commando HUSBAND that is everything to me that fights every day and anywhere he is sent.
    What a ridiculous thing, to ask me that. I just made the point that I wouldn't leave y'all to it if your government/commanders said something silly about our military (which they have, it happens everywhere).

    Kath
    www.intraining.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your husbands service Kath.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, RG. I appreciate your service, while you were in and what you are doing now to get the word out there about things people may not hear much about. It is incredibly important and you have my respect.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's politicians like him that make me ill. Please know that soldiers like me have always enjoyed working and fighting along side our British Military Brothers. In my career, I've never met a more professional, motivated and dedicated military force. If any of your readers wonder if I would die or kill for my British Military Brothers, the answer is I would and I have.

    The politicians here in the states have forgotten what it's like to have to earn your freedoms such as freedom of speech. They make it a point to flap off at the mouth in order to stay employed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Coconut,
    My comments where aimed directly at the Administration in the US and not the US men on the ground who I have the highest regard for. Comments like that are very unproductive, if certain Countries are not pulling their weight which we all know who they are name and shame them, the US/UK are doing the lions share of the fight against terror and I’m afraid that’s how it will continue. I have the honour to have friends who are American servicemen & ex American servicemen and they unlike some politicians have seen the Elephant. God Bless all British and American servicemen who are in harms way wherever you are.

    ReplyDelete

Pointless leaving spam it wont be published.