Sunday 27 October 2013

Petition gathers pace to protect the last Type 42 destroyer


UK Naval Ensign White




A campaign to save the last of the Royal Navy’s Type 42 destroyers is gathering pace.
Almost 2,000 people have signed a petition supporting plans for the decommissioned HMS Edinburgh to become a floating museum.
The Portsmouth-based ship was decommissioned this year but her fate has not yet been decided.
Veteran Paul Gibb, who served on board as a marine engineering mechanic from 1991 to 1994, has launched a Save HMS Edinburgh petition.
Mr Gibb said: ‘I went on board Edinburgh when she was on her farewell tour and it brought back a lot of memories.
‘I realised I couldn’t just sit back and let this happen and decided I had to do something.
‘I would be gutted if she was scrapped but I’m optimistic.  Read more and sign petition HERE 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pointless leaving spam it wont be published.