Tuesday 28 October 2014

The Schizophrenia of War

This is my latest poem.....


The disgustingly beautiful soldiering
The abhorrently peaceful peace
The exhilarating intoxicating Fire fight
The stomach churning smell of the deceased
The loneliness of being back home
The need to be back with your mates
The buzz of being paid to kill
The grin on a dead soldiers face
The guilt of being a survivor
The odd need to do it all again
The faces of men you would die for
The comrades who would never give in
The old man I've become please forgive me
The ones that died still in their teens
The soldiers now smiling in Valhalla
The ones I will see tonight in my dreams

© Tony McNally
















You probably wont get it unless your ex military?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pointless leaving spam it wont be published.