Saturday 3 November 2007

Gone South.

This is my last post for a short while I hope to come back from the Falkland Islands a changed man. If anyone wants to keep up to speed with the way this disgraceful Government treat our servicemen then check in daily with Theo Spark. Plus there is a lot in my archives. This song is for Mickey Quinn.


After the ceasefire our troop was based at an old weather station in Stanley. My mate Taff had a personal stereo which was like rocking horse shit in those days. Everyone wanted to have a go, but batteries were obviously in sort supply. I will always remember one day Taff let me listen to a whole track on his stereo , the song was Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin. This song always sends me back to Port Stanley and is very emotional for me, thanks Taff.






© Mack (RG) The thoughts of a Falklands War Veteran.Rogue_gunner_32_alpha@yahoo.co.uk

Boycott BP

10 comments:

  1. Too bad this is your last post for awhile...I was just getting into your blog here..well, from one veteran to another, (I served 8 years as a US Army Ranger; fought in Haiti, Somalia, and Central America)...
    L'Shalom, Yehudi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe Mack......Look forward to your return, hope this does for you all you want it to x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a good trip and I hope you find something there that inspires you. History is good if you understand the context. Personal experiences are what shape us and help make us who we are. You've got both, the history & personal experiences and you are part of it. I genuinely hope you get something very positive out of the experience. Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a read of this when you get back RG
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=492809&in_page_id=1811

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooops

    try this

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/
    pages/live/articles/news/
    worldnews.html?in_article_id
    =492809&in_page_id=1811

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mack, I hope this trip helps, prayers and thoughts go with you buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missing you here Mack...Am hoping all is going well for you......Safe journey :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post... I appreciate.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gone South? Isn't that Lancashire.
    What a picture!!! Argie Field piece? That was a side arm for real gunners :)

    ReplyDelete

Pointless leaving spam it wont be published.