Monday 29 October 2007

Letter From The MOD Regarding Indulgance Flights.


Those of you that have been reading Rogue Gunner for some time will remember how angry I was when I found out that civil servants could fly to the Falklands Islands for £45 , see my Blog entry Here After calming down I channelled my anger at Government through my local MP John Hutton who has always been prompt is his replies. I have now received a reply from Derek Twigg which I am posting for public viewing. I would just like to apologise for some of my comments aimed at certain Falkland Islanders but my blood was up and I do have PTSD which is not an excuse for bad manners. I have been in touch with some genuine Falkland Islands families and I am humbled by their gratitude and cant wait to meet them. Perhaps I might get the Government to change its policy on indulgence flights? I would not have know if it was not for the lady at RAF Brize Norton quoting me incorrectly but I am certainly glad she did as now there is a possibility of some veterans benefiting from my campaign. We shall wait and see if words are followed by actions. I am extremely grateful for my chance to go back and I truly believe that it will help me get on with living the rest of my life especially for my mate Mickey Quinn who I am placing a cross at Fitzroy, he didn’t die there but he was wounded mentally there and that was the beginning of his untimely death. I will post all my experiences on this Blog with photos when I return.







© Mack (RG) The thoughts of a Falklands War Veteran.Rogue_gunner_32_alpha@yahoo.co.uk

Boycott BP

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you keep goijng in your fight but God bless you for doing it, you are a true gent RG x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to follow my earlier comments Mack....I was reading the rest of your blog last night, reading about your book and I was watching you on you tube...Your determination and drive just amazed me, after all you have gone through that you have the fight left in you to carry on trying to make things better for others...I was left with the thought that 'Boy, am I glad you were on my side'!!

    ReplyDelete

Pointless leaving spam it wont be published.