Sunday 11 September 2011

SOLDIER SAILOR RUGBY PLAYER ALL HUMAN BEINGS , WHATS YOUR STATE OF MIND?


I am a huge fan of Rugby league. When I’m watching a rugby match I can become so enthralled with the game that I completely forget about all of my problems and just live for the moment consumed by the players and the great skill and entertainment  I’m watching on the pitch, for 80 mins I’m not a PTSD sufferer I’m a fan like everyone else with a burning passion for my team to win. For me it is escapism at its best. Like our servicemen Rugby league players are tough men and extremely proud men and like anyone they also can suffer from bouts of depression, I don’t mean getting beat by a last minute try , I mean at times clinical depression. These young athletes can go from one day playing at Stadiums like Old Trafford and Wembley, heroes in front of thousands of adoring fans, to the unemployment line, due to injury or illness, it’s a very hard transition for anyone to make, but even harder for some men still in their twenties or thirties with much of their lives ahead of them. At the worst end of the scale some even take their own lives. So I was delighted to see that the Rugby Football League is taking mental health seriously and like myself want to remove the unfair stigma that can be heavy burden to a young athlete and make his recovery even harder. Visit their web site HERE




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pointless leaving spam it wont be published.