Tuesday 23 August 2011

Update On Little Book Of War


After a lot of hard work networking with the book and the Radio and newspaper and magazine articles and happy to say I am starting to get some very good submissions. As can be expected most are from UK and US servicemen and veterans as well as War correspondents and even a former politician, no it wasn’t Maggie but then again I haven’t asked her maybe she would like to contribute? . I would really like to get more Canadian and Australian contributions, but it matters not to me where you are from in the world as long as your submission is in English. As I am a Falklands War veteran I am extremely pleased that many of the poetry is from veterans of that War. What I would really like is stories from the spouses and relatives of veterans that have experienced PTSD first hand. Many forget that PTSD does not just affect the servicemen themselves. I know of cases of the children of traumatised veterans that have become so badly effected they themselves have developed mental health problems well into their adult life. Imagine being a small child and remembering your Father before he went to War and then having to witness the horrific transition to what War has made him become. Sometimes even leading to going to his funeral leaving you with that awful question… why?. On occasion that I have been so clinically depressed that I have had suicidal thoughts I actually used my Children as a safety valve and imagined their faces crying at my funeral, if I did not have family there is no doubt that I would have already become yet another statistic of suicide. But it does not have to be that way, with swift intervention veterans can go on and have a normal ,life like anyone else. I would once again like to pay tribute to a woman that without her generosity this project would not have got off the ground. Sadly its extremely rare these days for a publisher to give her time and energy in the publishing of a book for `FREE` , I’m also happy to add that not one person has asked for any payment for their contributions. With the book being a mix of military and civilians stories and poetry I hope it will help educate others that we are all human beings with feeling, some just have different jobs. The working title is Little Book Of War which we will have to change now as its not just about War and rightly so. Little Book Of Trauma maybe? I like Echoes Of The Mind, not that important in the bigger scheme of things.


So please remember this book is to raise funds for the UK based charity  Talking2minds  they give all of their time and resources for FREE also because the person who started it knows a thing or to about War and Trauma Bob Paxman former SAS soldier. Please send your submission here remybenoit@gmail.com







Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pointless leaving spam it wont be published.