Friday 8 July 2011

HELP TALKLING2MINDS WITH YOUR POETRY


As you may know if you follow this Blog or my Face book page I am currently looking for material for a book of poetry and stories /pictures. Initially I was looking for purely military related but I would like to open it up to members of the emergency services who have been involved in traumatic situations during their employment. That’s the thing with PTSD it does not just effect servicemen and woman in War zones it can strike at all of us when we least expect it. Not only will you have the pleasure of seeing your work in print but you will know that the proceeds of this book (and you can retain your copyright )is helping veterans suffering from mental health problems. I think it is only right and proper that you know who the money will go to and the name of the organisation. The organisation is called Talking2minds Charity founder Rob Paxman, himself a former SAS veteran, said:” Since forming three years ago we have treated more than 300 soldiers. Andy is a credit to the army and to his country. And we are giving him all the help he needs.” An MoD Spokesman told us: “The mental health of our Armed Forces and veterans is a top priority and we are constantly looking to improve the care they receive.” But Andy adds: “I received more beneficial help from Talking2minds in four days than I did in an entire year from the Army."


If you have anything you would like to contribute no matter how small photos, stories, anecdotes, anything that will directly help veterans like Andy and many others please send via e-mail to remybenoit@gmail.com  I am doing this project voluntarily and will not be receiving anything monetarily, as a PTSD suffer myself I just want to help.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pointless leaving spam it wont be published.