Monday 12 March 2007

Scots Guards Homecoming 1982.



As it is nearly the anniversary of the Falklands War I thought I would post some articles about the troops coming home, this is how the Scots Guards were welcomed home.

I remember flying back from Ascension Island with the rest of the lads of T battery 12 Regt RA, I was quite pissed after drinking a bottle of vodka on the way and when we landed at RAF Waddington I nearly forgot to salute the top brass at the bottom of the aircraft stairs.


© Mack (RG) The thoughts of a Falklands War Veteran

1 comment:

  1. No Im not talking crap mate. I was not on about the Jock Guards getting pissed I was talking about my Battery T bty 12 Regt. I am sorry if you misunderstood what I was saying.

    ReplyDelete

Pointless leaving spam it wont be published.