Friday 20 April 2007

Two more British soldiers killed in Iraq.



It truly saddens me to report once again that two British soldiers fromThe Queen's Royal Lancers have been killed by a roadside bomb in Iraq. I am not just giving this story lip service it upsets me. I’m not going in to the ins and outs of the Political reasons for us being there as I think it may cause even greater distress on the relatives of the bereaved. I may not support our Government for the many reasons I write on this Blog but I sure as hell respect those brave men and woman who are doing a hard job in a hostile environment. Just to clarify things on the `piss take` post yesterday. I have the utmost respect for our Armed Forces and that included the Royal Marines who I consider to be the best Marines on Mother Earth. Civilians maybe will not understand the mentality of squaddy sense of humour, believe me to get through places like Iraq and Afghanistan you need a sometimes warped sense of humour. I wish I had a pound for every time I have been called a `Long Range Sniper` and I have read loads of crap about Rapier being as useful as a `fart a space suit` this comment was made by the Royal navy, but you have to expect it, sqauddies do. This sadly wont be the last time I will be writing about the death of our forces, I could ignore it but it wont just go away. One things for sure when Blair is sunning himself on some beach in the Caribbean or penning his multi million pound autobiography our soldiers will be still dying in Iraq and Afghanistan. Blair will die a rich man. I would rather die with my mates around me in Iraq with honour.


© Mack (RG) The thoughts of a Falklands War Veteran.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pointless leaving spam it wont be published.