Monday 21 May 2007

Man buys Falklands War Harrier on e-bay.


AN AIRCRAFT enthusiast bagged the bargain of a lifetime when he bought a fighter plane on internet auction site eBay.

Neil Banwell, aged 39, bought the Sea Harrier jump-jet and sneaked it into the village where he lives in the middle of the night.

Neil, a builder, said: "I didn't plan to buy it. It was just a spur of the moment thing and I didn't really know what I'd done.

"We have got quite a bit of land so I knew I'd have somewhere to put it. I guess it was an early Christmas present to myself."

The father-of-three, from Wedmore, is not planning to fly the plane, but has always been fascinated by harriers. Neil said: "I just saw it advertised on eBay and thought I'd get it. They really are remarkable things."

The plane was delivered to the village on two lorries in December, one carrying the wings and the other carrying the main body of the plane.
Read the rest Here

(RG) I suppose I could always buy a Rapier missile system and put it in the garden for the kids to play on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pointless leaving spam it wont be published.