Saturday 22 March 2014

TUMBLEDOWN














































Come keep me company a while
Upon this mountain I lay
Pour yourself a hot brew
Tell me all about your day

Il patiently listen
I’m not going anywhere
When you’ve told me your story
Il make you aware

Of the minefields around
Trip wires and booby traps
So take your pack of your back
Sit down and relax

I'm from Glasgow my friend
You can call me Jock
I was killed on this hill
There’s  the hole in my smock

I’m not alone
There are twelve guardsman here
We got to the top
There’s no foe that we fear

When you go back to Scotland
Tell your pals about us
We will never leave our post
Do our duty we must

The sun is almost down
Your path downwards is clear
I hope you come back one day
To visit us here.


© Tony McNally



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pointless leaving spam it wont be published.