Tuesday, 17 April 2007

Norwich Union wont insure me because I have PTSD.





I recently applied to Norwich Unionfor life and critical illness cover. Today I received a letter from them (See above) turning me down on the grounds that I have `Post Traumatic stress Disorder.` It is obviously up to them who they insure but I would guess they have no idea what PTSD is. They don’t seem to mind me insuring my car and my partners car with them a policy I will be cancelling. So be warned if you have PTSD then Norwich Union don’t want to know. You may have it as a result of service to your country in War or may mat be a victim of the London Terror bombings but it doesn’t matter to Norwich Union. I just thought everyone should know Norwich Unions stance on PTSD and thus give the customer the choice of going elsewhere. Where do these people draw the line with their discrimination, anyone with depression? I hope they lose a lot of custom over this type of decision. Please feel free to visit their web site and let them know your feelings on this subject.

© Mack (RG) The thoughts of a Falklands War Veteran.