Tuesday 17 April 2007

Norwich Union wont insure me because I have PTSD.





I recently applied to Norwich Unionfor life and critical illness cover. Today I received a letter from them (See above) turning me down on the grounds that I have `Post Traumatic stress Disorder.` It is obviously up to them who they insure but I would guess they have no idea what PTSD is. They don’t seem to mind me insuring my car and my partners car with them a policy I will be cancelling. So be warned if you have PTSD then Norwich Union don’t want to know. You may have it as a result of service to your country in War or may mat be a victim of the London Terror bombings but it doesn’t matter to Norwich Union. I just thought everyone should know Norwich Unions stance on PTSD and thus give the customer the choice of going elsewhere. Where do these people draw the line with their discrimination, anyone with depression? I hope they lose a lot of custom over this type of decision. Please feel free to visit their web site and let them know your feelings on this subject.

© Mack (RG) The thoughts of a Falklands War Veteran.

9 comments:

  1. That is disgusting, i shall for one wont be checking out their insurance policies in the future!!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support, dont forget to spread the word about them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly the British Military and ex forces are second class citizens in the UK , you only have to look at Harrods banning soldiers on Remembrance Sunday and the Walkabout bar barring soldiers after they had been to a funeral of a freind killed in Afghanistan, I have heard that British borne citizens are leaving the UK in droves to find a new life away from crime and mass imigration, A land fit for Heroes I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Canceled insurance with these tossers coz they had call centres based outside of the uk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Norwich Union can bite me. Most reputable insurers would simply charge you more for the PTSD element.

    Even if they simply excluded cover for PTSD "or related illness", no doubt if you did get ill, they'd find a way to pin it on PTSD.

    Looks like Norwich Union is simply a licence to print money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I can tell you Chris, this has caused quite a stir in the Military comunity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you realize the spin that company would receive in the United States? Droves of lawyers and politicians (as much as I can't stand them) would flock to your cause so they could make a name for themselves under the guise of “taking care of our heroes”. It doesn’t make it right, by any means, but it seems to me that they are discriminating against you because you “volunteered” to put your ass on the line for your country and their worthless hides. I wonder if the same policy applies to the survivors of the London train attacks or rape victims in your country; or are bullets being fired at you a requirement for coverage?

    Of course if you were the type to “snap” and take your frustrations out with a high powered rifle and a tall building, then your victims MIGHT get coverage for their PTSD as a result of the attack. Such as the case would be with the newest fiasco going on back home in Virginia.

    I would recommend that you involve the local television media to “put its money where its mouth is” in the support of the UK’s veterans and military community by making arrangements to have a senior representative of the company go on television with you for an interview so that he can clarify the policy.

    Your brothers here from the United States are pretty pissed off about it. It’s the same crap, different beurocracy so we understand. I hope a rival company steps up to do what is right and benefits from doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I apreaciate your support cocunut commando.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have just changed my car insurance rouge, they are fucking tossers mate!

    ReplyDelete

Pointless leaving spam it wont be published.