Wednesday 7 March 2007

Another Royal Marine makes the ultimate sacrifice.




The Royal Marine killed in Afghanistan yesterday has been named as Benjamin Reddy.The 22-year-old was the third British serviceman to die in the country in three days.Read It Here

(RG) No matter what your opinion of the rights or wrongs of the War you must understand that these men are professional soldiers when you sign on the dotted line you don’t have your solicitor sign a clause that says that if you disagree with the Government sending you to a certain trouble zone you can opt out. I could have objected to going to Northern Ireland as both my parents were from there. Its what soldiers do they fight and sadly sometimes they die, Benjamin Reddy paid the ultimate price, RIP.


© Mack (RG) The thoughts of a Falklands War Veteran.

3 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed reading your blog. It's good that you acknowledge the fallen, so few in our country seem to even care. Well done anyway, for the blog and your army days. I'll visit back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you for that, I will check your Blogs out as well, never did make it to Berlin unfortunately in my army days in West Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would echo your remarks 100% except for the premise that the Governments actions are legal? What has concerned me from day one is that the illegal actions of bad authority could open the squaddie to charges of 'War Crimes'. The one voice who challenged the government was subjected to a very dubious political Courts Martial of Flight Lt. Malcolm Kendall-Smith, a Royal Air Force medic. There have been others and I am of the opinion that the trials and verdicts are unsafe.

    ReplyDelete

Pointless leaving spam it wont be published.