Friday 15 December 2006

`Dead man eating`


I wrote `Dead Man Eating` because those men who died in the Great War fought for the privileges that I have today like my right to express my opinion in poetry and my disatisfaction with my Government.


A sea of cadavers

Bloating rotting

Like scum on a pond

Fingers poke through the soil

Gesturing you towards them

Hell on earth in France

Tommy chews on the frozen bread

Like an animal having its last oblivious meal

So hungry he swallows large chunks that tear his throat

Placing the ladder against the trench

Tommy smiles

He puts the dirty frozen bread in his pocket

In 15 minutes his pain will end

He knows it

The already dead soldier climbs the ladder

Soon to share his bread with his dead pals.




© Mack (RG)"Every day feels like the day of a funeral"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pointless leaving spam it wont be published.