Sunday 13 April 2014

Bedroom Tax 'forces Falklands war hero to sell his prized medals' after being crippled by benefits cuts



Merseysider Jim Pritchard's debts mounted after his state income was cut following the controversial Con-Dem welfare reforms.A Falklands war hero was forced to flog his medals for £500 after he was hit in the pocket by the hated bedroom tax. Jim Pritchard's arrears mounted as his state income was cut by £23 a week by the controversial Con-Dem welfare reforms. The 61-year-old, whose war wounds and injuries from a car accident left him unable to work, admitted he had no option but to sell the medals for a sliver of their true value to make ends meet. The decorated former soldier, who served his country for 11 years in the Falklands, Northern Ireland and Cyprus, said: "One of the wounds I have got is a head wound, and I have got severe tinnitus. I was in a road accident too, and physical exercise is a no-no. I can’t work. “I think it’s absolutely disgusting that Maria Miller is allowed to get away with it, while we’re punished like this.” The grandfather, from Birkenhead, Merseyside, said his wife Bernadette, 59, is also out of work. He added: “I’m probably better placed to cope with it than most people, but it’s just not fair. This Bedroom Tax – anybody who has finished work or is disabled is being absolutely hammered by it. “The irony of it is I have seen the same set sold for £15,000 elsewhere. I only got £500 for them.” Read more HERE


"A Land fit for Heroes?....I think not, Shame of the Government  although they wont feel any."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pointless leaving spam it wont be published.