Thursday 23 January 2014

Les Ex 2 Para!



My name is Les Standish I served in the parachute regiment from 1976 to 1986 I did two tours in Ireland and fought in the Falkland’s war where I was awarded the military medal during the battle of goose green when I left the army I joined the prison service as a PTI, I was involved in the Strangeways prison riots it was after this my problems started my marriage broke down and I Iended up homeless I was diagnosed with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and found myself in trouble with the law. I was kept in solitary confinement for 7 months I was then sentenced to 3 years in prison I had no help from the government and I had to rely on charities to get help, I was then transferred to Ty Gwyn a home for ex veterans who suffer from PTSD I also got help fromt he BritishLegion and SAFFA. I got re-married in 2002 and in 2008 I had a serious relapse and again my marriage broke down and I had to live in a van for 6 months as I could no longer receive help from the British Legion or SAFFA as they had helped me before. It was then that Soldiers off the Street took my case on and with their help I was in my own flat within 3 days. Read more HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pointless leaving spam it wont be published.