Saturday 24 November 2007

Sour Grapes

This was a review posted on Amazon


Alan Curtis "Airborne Prof"In the multitude of Falklands Books I do not rate this as one of the better ones. As a former member of Airborne Forces I have read a number of military accounts and was hoping the approach this one promised would be refreshing and new. I am sad to say it is very cliched in its approach to Officers and the authors remarks about fellow soldiers behaviour and the Unit as a whole would I think leave him few friends there also. I can understand the 'guilt' impact that having been the man in the seat that failed to engage the Argentine fast jets that bombed the Galahad must have had. I don't envy him having to live with that for the rest of his life and any problems that may have caused. On the whole nothing new and poorly written in my opinion.

(RG) Oh I wonder who this could be? A Para Hmmn!!! Oh yeah and he spelt `Puff` wrong as well.


© Mack (RG) The thoughts of a Falklands War Veteran.
Rogue_gunner_32_alpha@yahoo.co.uk

Boycott BP

2 comments:

  1. If this book had been written by a para with a big red crayon his review would have been gushing. Because it wasn't he thinks its crap. I really think it is time these Airborne woke up to the fact that their so called elitism is way out of date. They stand more chance of being taken to the battlefield by Chariot than jumping out of a plane with an oversized handkerchief to slow them down. Airborne chappie the electronics of Rapier are way beyond your limited understanding keep hold of your SA80 because that is all you can be trusted with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul.... Mac, this dickhead has not even read your book. I am a Scots Guard and Falklands vet and heard some Para wankers slagging you off and saying they were gunna give you a bad review on Amazon, ask them to take it off. I can say those tossers are not the only ones who fought down South and they said some nasty things about Tumbledown but I tell you this at least we wore our berets going up that mountain unlike those crap hats,

    Yours Ay

    Jock.

    ReplyDelete

Pointless leaving spam it wont be published.