Friday 16 March 2007

Battle For Goose Green.





(RG) The battle for Goose Green was a remarkable military achievement as the 500 men of 2 Para was seriously outnumbered however their more aggressive fighting spirit and professionalism saw them achieve a famous victory that will be forever remembered in the history books. After the Argentine surrender the Paras were shocked to take 1,500 men prisoner. I do not mention this battle in any sense of gloating about victory just in respect for the men who achieved it and for the soldiers on both sides who lost their lives.



© Mack (RG) The thoughts of a Falklands War Veteran.

2 comments:

  1. Gunner, Thanks mate. sorry my reply isn't about goose green, but wanted to say this to you.
    What you said is amazing. I was there when he passed away... i couldn't go home that night. Something in my head said stay. So I did. We put the world to rights. i told him I admired him. He told me he was proud that I was joining the police even though no one in our family had ever done it before. Then he left me.

    I hated this job when I started..... but I kept going because of what he said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that. Im sure my Old man now Knows my feelings, and I will have a Guinness for him tonight. Im glad you found peace with your Father.

    ReplyDelete

Pointless leaving spam it wont be published.