Monday 1 January 2007

Annabelle


I dedicate this poem `Annabelle` for my daughter. With this condition I have where my depression gets so bad at times I do consider suicide, a glimmer of light keeps me on this earth, that light is the Love I feel for my daughter that is so perfect and unconditional. I brought my little Angel up from a tiny baby as my then Wife was at work, after a year of caring for her my ex wife callously took her away from me and ran away with her boyfriend, he now gets to see her everyday, he can read her a story every night, she even forgets that I’m her Daddy sometimes and calls me by his name Sparky. He gets to see her in her school nativity play I don’t even get told about it. Its hard to bear at times but I know that my ex wife and her boyfriend would love me to kill myself. I found out about her adultery by bugging the phone and heard her talking to her friend and saying and laughing that she thought I might be swinging from a rope when she got home from having sex with him whilst still married to me. To think that I loved her once and she lied to me saying she loved me. At least from this sham of a marriage came a beautiful little girl Annabelle my daughter and nothing she and her family and her lover can do to change that.


Happy New Year to you all.




How fortunate a man I am to smell

The newborn scent of my baby Annabelle

She gives me unconditional love

Her proof life must go on

Heaven bound white dove

I pray thanks dear Lord I survived my war

In 1982 some never reached the shore

She has stopped me from taking the easy way out

That sweet smell of innocence

There is no doubt

How fortunate a man I am to tell

This is my daughter my Annabelle.







© Mack (RG)"Every day feels like the day of a funeral"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pointless leaving spam it wont be published.